Deep Focus Module
Focus Stacking Software Module for QuickPHOTO Programs
Deep Focus is a so called "focus stacking" or "z-stacking" software module for QuickPHOTO programs. This module creates images with extreme depth of field, which cannot be achieved by a standard use of optical microscopes.
Deep Focus module can be used in conjunction with stereomicroscopes as well as with other types of optical microscopes for observation in transmitted or reflected light. The module is also suitable for macro-imaging. The whole process can be automated using motorized focusing modules provided by PROMICRA and other suppliers.
Try Deep Focus module for FREE!
- Download demo version of Deep Focus module
- The demo version provides all the functions of a full version, but a watermark will be inserted into the created images.
- Universality - the module can be used with:
- Optical microscopes for observation in transmitted light
- Optical microscopes for observation in reflected light
- Electron microscopes
- Macro images
- Excellent image quality - the module produces high quality images without artefacts
- Automation - the process of creating the images with extreme depth of field can be automated by the use of an optional module for motorized focus control or a motorized microscope
- Easy to use and user friendly graphical interface
- Options to compose images opened in the QuickPHOTO program as well as images stored on a hard drive
- Compatibility with QuickPHOTO CAMERA, QuickPHOTO MICRO and QuickPHOTO INDUSTRIAL programs in version 2.3 or higher
Principle of Function:
First the "slices" - images with different focus distances are acquired. Every image contains different parts of a specimen well focused.
The animation displays sequentially the slices intended for composition.
Only the well focused areas are used from each of the "slices" by the Deep Focus module. The completely focused image is composed from these well focused areas. Possible shifts and scale changes between slices are compensated automatically.
Automation of the Composition Process
The whole process of creating the digital images with extreme depth of field can be automated by the use of an optional module for motorized focus control or a motorized microscope.
The automated procedure is following:
First, focus the microscope to the bottom part of the specimen and set the lower limit of the focus range. Then focus the microscope to the highest part of the specimen and set the upper limit of the focus range. Then just set the required number of slices or a step between them, click the Start button and wait for the completely focused image.
Supported Motorized Devices:
Gallery of Composed Images:
You can display the detail by clicking on the preview.
Images from Stereomicroscopes:
Images from Upright Microscopes - Transmitted Light:
Images from Upright Microscopes - Reflected Light:
QuickPHOTO CAMERA, QuickPHOTO MICRO or QuickPHOTO INDUSTRIAL program in version 2.3 or higher
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Specifications|
|Processor||Single-core 2.4 GHz||Multi-core processor|
|Operating Memory||1 GB||2-4 GB|
|USB Ports||2x USB 2.0/3.0||2x USB 2.0/3.0|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows®
|Monitor Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels|
You can find the compatibility table of supported imaging devices with operating systems here.
Microsoft®, Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
QuickPHOTO 3.1 Programs Available!
There have been released new QuickPHOTO programs in version 3.1. New versions feature several new features and many improvements. The free 30-day trial versions are available for downloading. Updates are for users of QuickPHOTO 3.0 programs free of charge. For users of previous version are the upgrades available for advantageous prices. You can find more information here.
SUNFLOWER illuminator is now PC controllable
The SUNFLOWER illuminator can now be controlled by a computer. The SDK is available.
NEW PRO-MSILL Universal Multi-segment LED Illuminator for Stereomicroscopes Available
NEW Version of PRO-3D 2.0 Digital Microscope Available
New version of PRO-3D digital microscope is now compatilbe with LG Cinema 3D monitors and TVs. You can find more information here.