High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging Software Module for QuickPHOTO
High Dynamic Range (HDR) additional software module for QuickPHOTO programs is a powerful new visualization tool that allows you to see the entire dynamic range of your microscopic or stereomicroscopic samples. Traditional non-HDR digital cameras can only provide a fraction of a samples luminosity. Information in darker parts of the image are lost as well as information in saturated or extremely bright areas of the sample. Microphotographs with a limited exposure range result in the loss of detail in highlights or shadows. The module can be used for creation of HDR images of static samples acquired using microscopes, for macro images as well as for standard photography.
- Download demo version of HDR module.
- Install the demo version into one of the supported QuickPHOTO programs.
If you do not have QuickPHOTO program yet, download and install its 30-day trial version.
- Evaluate the features of HDR module. (Demo version provides all
the features of a full version, but a watermark will be inserted into
the created images).
- Contact us for purchasing a full license.
- Creation of excellent quality HDR images by merging series of bracketed images
- Automatic or manual merging methods available. Following adjustments are available: overexposure compensation, underexposure compensation, midtone, brightness, contrast, saturation and hue.
- Interactive preview and histogram of an HDR image
- Suitable for microscopy images, macro images as well as standard photography
- Can be used with Deep Focus (EDF) module to produce fully focused HDR images (EDF + HDR).
How It Works:
The procedure behind a creation of an HDR image is following:
- Acquisition of Series of Bracketed Images
First step is the acquisition of series of bracketed images of a static sample (with consecutive change of exposure time). A series of bracketed images might look e.g. like this one:
- Creation of an HDR Image
In second step a series of bracketed images is merged to an HDR image by HDR module.
The whole process can be done manually or it can be automated. The level of automation depends on a type of used imaging device (for more information see Automation tab).
How to use HDR module with PROMICAM USB 3.0 digital cameras (Automated HDR Image Creation):
Automated HDR Image Creation:
The process of acquisition of series of bracketed images and HDR image creation can be automated, when following cameras are used:
- PROMICAM USB 3.0 or PROMICAM USB 2.0 cameras
- Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras
- Lumenera® Infinity cameras
This option makes the creation of an HDR images very comfortable and suitable also for routine work, because there is no need to manually acquire the series of bracketed images and prepare them for merging.
Features Available for Various Imaging Devices:
- Manual use available for all imaging devices supported by QuickPHOTO software including devices controlled via TWAIN interface
- Automated HDR image creation when Lumenera® INFINITY, PROMICAM USB 3.0, PROMICAM USB 2.0 cameras or Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras are used
- HDR module can be used in conjunction with Deep Focus (EDF) module, when PROMICAM USB 3.0, PROMICAM USB 2.0 cameras or Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras and supported microscope focus motorization is used.
|Imaging device||Manual HDR||Automated HDR||Automated HDR +
automated Deep Focus module
|PROMICAM USB 3.0|
|PROMICAM USB 2.0|
|Canon® EOS Digital SLR Cameras||1||1|
|1||Not supported in Windows Vista® operating system.|
|2||Can be used with Deep Focus module manually (without motorization).|
Gallery of HDR Images Compared to Standard Ones:
Use with Deep Focus (EDF) Module:
The HDR module can be used together with Deep Focus (Extended Depth of Filed) module to automatically acquire fully focused (EDF) HDR images.In order to do so, following additional accessories are needed:
- PROMICAM USB 3.0, PROMICAM USB 2.0 digital camera or supported Canon EOS DSLR camera
- QuickPHOTO program (all 3.1 program versions are compatible)
- Deep Focus (Extended Depth of Field - EDF) software module for QuickPHOTO
- One of the motorized stands or additional focus drives compatible with CB-ZM control unit:
- CB-ZM control unit
Gallery of Images Acquired Using HDR + Deep Focus (EDF) Modules Compared to Standard Deep Focus (EDF) Images:
Here you can find an image of the used microscope setup.
- QuickPHOTO CAMERA, QuickPHOTO MICRO, QuickPHOTO INDUSTRIAL in version 3.1
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Specifications|
|Processor||Single-core 2.4 GHz||Multi-core processor|
|Operating Memory||2 GB||more than 2 GB|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows®
Vista/7/8/8.1/10 32bit or 64bit
|Monitor Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels|
You can find the compatibility table of supported imaging devices with operating systems here.
Canon® is a registered trademark of Canon Inc.
Lumenera® is a registered trademark of Lumenera Corporation.
Microsoft®, Windows®, Windows Vista® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
02/2016 HDR 2.0 Module for QuickPHOTO Programs Released
New version of HDR (High Dynamic Range Imaging) module for QuickPHOTO is now available. It newly supports automated HDR image acquisition feature and can be combined with Deep Focus (EDF) module. More info>>
12/2015 HDR Module for QuickPHOTO Programs
HDR (High Dynamic Range Imaging) module for QuickPHOTO is now available.
08/2015 Support of Microsoft® Windows® 10 OS in QuickPHOTO Programs
QuickPHOTO 3.1 programs and additional modules support Microsoft® Windows® 10 operating system.
New Models of CANON EOS DSLR Cameras Supported
Canon EOS 750D/Rebel T6i, 760D/Rebel T6s and 7D Mark II are now supported by QuickPHOTO imaging software suite.
New Series of PROMICAM USB 3.0 Digital Cameras
New series of PROMICAM USB 3.0 cameras was introduced. The cameras provide excellent image quality, color reproduction and high live view frame rates. The cameras are supported by QuickPHOTO imaging software.
New Series of PROMICAM USB 2.0 Digital Cameras
New series of PROMICAM USB 2.0 cameras was introduced. The cameras provide excellent image quality for affordable prices. The cameras are supported by QuickPHOTO imaging software.
QuickPHOTO 3.1 Programs Available!
There have been released new QuickPHOTO programs in version 3.1. New versions feature several new features and many improvements. The free 30-day trial versions are available for downloading. Updates are for users of QuickPHOTO 3.0 programs free of charge. For users of previous version are the upgrades available for advantageous prices. You can find more information here.
SUNFLOWER illuminator is now PC controllable
SUNFLOWER illuminator can now be controlled by a computer. The SDK is available.
NEW Version of PRO-3D 2.0 Digital Microscope Available
New version of PRO-3D digital microscope is now compatilbe with LG Cinema 3D monitors and TVs. You can find more information here.