Brilliant Microscopy Images from Canon EOS DSLRs/Mirrorless
PROMICRA offers a user-friendly cost-effective solution for microscopy imaging using Canon® EOS DSLR and mirrorless cameras. You can use your existing Canon® EOS camera, mount it to your microscope, and control it by the QuickPHOTO microscope software as a professional microscopy camera.
The QuickPHOTO software is available in 3 versions with various sets of measuring and exporting features. It will save you time and make your photomicrography documentation very comfortable.
All the QuickPHOTO program versions can be extended by additional modules.
Straightforward user interface available in English, German, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Spanish, Hungarian, Russian, Ukrainian, and Traditional Chinese languages makes QuickPHOTO suitable even for non-experienced users.
Easy setup and installation. Software trial version available.
Mounting adapters for various microscope types and brands are available.
Use Your Canon EOS as a Professional Microscopy Camera
- Live view on a computer monitor – no more watching a small camera’s LCD needed.
- Control camera features from a computer – no manual camera settings needed.
- Large field of view, high image resolution, excellent image quality and color reproduction, high dynamic range, low noise
- AC adapters available for most models.
Easy & Quick Image Acquisition
- Focus the microscope using live view, adjust white balance and exposure.
- Capture an image just by clicking the Capture button.
- The image is displayed in the QuickPHOTO program editor and ready for processing within a few seconds.
No time-consuming work with an SD card needed!
Annotations and Editing
- Text annotations, indication of interesting areas by drawings
- Crop, rotation, flip, mirror, resize
- Brightness, contrast, color balance, histogram adjustment, filters, white balance, black balance
Calibrated scale bar insertion – options to define type, size and colors; vertical or horizontal position
Measurements in metric and imperial units. Measurements of dimensions, areas, perimeters, angles, phase analysis and more… More info >>
Export of Measured Values
Measured values are displayed in a well-arranged table with basic statistics. The values can be exported to a Microsoft® Excel® file or a text file.
Images with tables of measured values can be easily exported to reports in Microsoft® Word format. Users can create their own report templates with various layouts and number of images.
Automatic time-lapse image capturing with the option to create time-lapse videos.
Advanced features for saving multiple images at once. Option to automatically save acquired images to a predefined folder immediatelly after acquisition.
Multilingual user interface: English, German, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Spanish, Hungarian, Russian, Ukrainian, Traditional Chinese
The main program window can be displayed on primary display, while the Canon EOS control panel with a live view from a microscope can be displayed on secondary display.
A remote trigger is an optional accessory which makes image acquisition even more comfortable. The images can be acquired by pressing a trigger button.
Features of QuickPHOTO Software's Canon EOS Control Panel
- Image resolution selection, single-click image acquisition
- Live view on a computer monitor
- Exposure control: automatic (interactive – by positioning the exposure region), manual, ISO sensitivity, exposure correction
- White balance: automatic, defined by point, manual
- Live view zoom-in for precise focusing
- Live view adjustments: orientation, gray scale, central cross display, cropping darker corners to avoid vignetting
- Shading (background) correction for perfect illumination homogeneity
- Timestamp insertion
- Automatic mirror lockup feature to prevent blured images caused by the mirror movement. The mirror is raised all the time – it only lowers down after the image acquisition for a fraction of a second.
Sample Images Acquired by Canon EOS DSLR Cameras
Suitable for Applications:
Supported Canon® EOS Cameras
|Canon® EOS DSLR
|Canon® EOS mirrorless
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Specifications|
|Processor||Single-core 2.4 GHz||Intel® Core™ i5 / AMD RYZEN™ 5 or better|
|Operating Memory||1 GB||4 GB or more|
|USB Ports||2x USB 2.0/3.0||2x USB 3.0|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows®|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768||1920 x 1080 or higher|
|Processor||Single-core 2.4 GHz|
|Operating Memory||1 GB|
|USB Ports||2x USB 2.0/3.0|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows®
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5 / AMD RYZEN™ 5 or better|
|Operating Memory||4 GB or more|
|USB Ports||2x USB 3.0|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows®
|Display Resolution||1920 x 1080 or higher|
OLYMPUS® is a registered trademark of OLYMPUS Corp.
Microsoft®, Windows®, Windows Vista®, Excel® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.